WATCH THE VIDEO
Are you looking for a great hairstyle that will work on your natural hair? Whether you have been natural for years, transitioning to natural hair or have some heat damage, this is a great hairstyle that can work as it is low manipulation, gives your curls a uniform texture and looks great for days. This is the twist-n-flex natural hairstyle by Shalleen-Kaye Natural Hair Does Care using our Butter than Love Pudding and Get Set Hair Jelly.
Our Butter than Love Pudding is a thick cream that hydrates your curls to deliver superior moisture for days with a soft hold. We call this your L.O.C in one with aloe vera as your liquid, Castor oil and Shea butter. The Butter than Love Pudding also eliminates the need for a leave-in conditioner.
The Get Set Hair Jelly is the best gel for amazing defined curls and hairstyles without the crunch. Our Get Set Hair Jelly will leave your curls feeling weightless and a little goes a long way!
For this style, you will need to use perm rods for the ends of your hair. The size of the perm rods will determine how big or small your curls will end up. This is a great look for medium to long hair.
- First, you’ll want to start on freshly cleansed and conditioned hair. We recommend using our Detoxifying Clay Cleanser to a gentle, but effective cleanse for your hair and scalp. The Detoxifying Clay Cleanser will also detangle and condition your hair in one. You can follow up with a deep conditioning treatment such as the Restoring Hair Treatment. The Restoring Hair Treatment puts the moisture back into your hair that was lost while oils such as Avocado and Olive penetrate to strengthen your hair.
- While your curly hair is till damp or wet, put into small sections. Placing your natural hair into sections makes it easier to apply the products as well as twisting & placing the perm rods.
- On each section, apply the Butter than Love Pudding first and layer a small amount of the Get Set Hair Jelly on top. We like layering products because you can assess which sections might need more moisture and apply the products accordingly.
- Next, double-strand twist the section about half way. On the bottom half, starting from the ends, you’ll turn your hair with the perm rods. Shalleen-Kaye suggests this method to cut down on any frizzing and puffiness in the hair.
- Repeat these steps until you’ve twisted and curled every section of your hair.
- You can sleep overnight or sit under a hooded hair dryer for faster drying time.
- Once your hair is completely dry, you will want to remove the perm rods and gently unravel the twists. Using your fingers, you can continue to gently pull each section of the hair until you’ve achieved the desired volume.
- The results are super defined, frizz-free twists and curls that will last for days!
Love this look? Check out some of our other tutorials: