Maximum Moisture with Minimum Products
Youtuber, Jonell Sequira, nailed this flexi-rod look using our Get Set Hair Jelly and Get Slick Hair Smoothie in her type 4 hair. If you’re looking for a fluffy, wavy look in your natural hair, check out this how-to video.
“These products left my hair soo soft and provided such great hold omg!! AAANDD they are a black owned business so you just have to try them out!” ~Jonell
Steps to how Jonell got this look.
- Start on freshly cleansed and conditioned hair. Be sure to rinse all of the conditioner out.
- Detangle and section hair ahead of time. This will make the process so much easier.
- Find the flexi rod sizes that work best for your hair length. To create depth, Jonell used different sized flexi rods throughout her hair.
- Take the first section and separate into smaller sections depending on the thickness of your hair.
- Spritz some water on any section of hair that might be drying add.
- Add a small amount of Get Slick Hair Smoothie on the section.
- Layer some Get Set Hair Jelly on top of the Smoothie.
- To create the wavy look, take a small section of hair and turn it around on the flexi rod.
- Tip: to use less flexi rods, create a ‘U’ shape and place the center on the scalp. Twirl one section hair on one half of your rod, and twirl another section of hair on the half.
- Apply a little more Jelly to the ends of the hair to keep in place.
- Bend the ends of the flexi rods.
- Repeat steps 4-10 until finished
- You can sit under a dryer or let air dry.
- Carefully unravel the flexi rods after your hair has fully dried.
- Use your fingers to gently separate the waves to desired volume.
Be sure to check out the amazing volume achieved on her Day 2!