We are in love LOVE with this Bantu Knot Out using our Sealing Hair Butter, Get Slick Hair Smoothie and Curl Control Styling Lotion. This step-by-step guide will show you how you can get this soft, frizz-free style using our natural hair products.
If you’re looking for some style inspiration for your natural hair this weekend, or just always wanted to try the bantu knot out then you want to watch this now.
To get this look you will want to:
- Start out with stretched hair, either from being blown out on the cool setting for minimum heat damage or stretched from other heatless means.
- Separate your hair into smaller sections.
- Take out the first section. Apply a small amount of the Get Slick Hair Smoothie to that section. Next, smooth the Sealing Hair Butter onto the section. Remember, a little goes a long way with this particular product. Lastly, apply some Curl Control Styling Lotion – the last step is optional depending on the climate. If it’s humid outside and you want to ensure your style will remain defined and frizz-free, then you’ll want to apply the Curl Control Styling Lotion.
- Twist that section into a small bun, or a bantu knot. You don’t want to start too tight since the style will naturally get tighter as you make your way twisting your hair into the bun.
- Continue steps 3 and 4 to the other sections of your stretched out natural hair.
- After you’ve completed your bantu knots, leave in for a few ours or overnight until your hair is dry and the style has completely set.
- Once your hair has dried, and the style is set, slowly unravel each bantu knot. You’ll want to gently separate your hair with your fingers to the desired fullness.
- Optional: Slick down your edges to one side to create a dramatic style.
This style will work on all textures and lengths of natural hair. Because you are stretching out your hair before hand, this is suitable for hair type 2, type 3a, type 3b, type 3c, type 4a, type 4b, type 4c.
A thick, emollient rich cream that melts into your hair to seal in moisture. A little goes a log way!
Great for setting styles and keeping them frizz-free. This styler keeps your hair soft to the touch.
A light, cream oil moisturize with coconut and castor oils. A soft hold that gives natural hair hydration.